|Baseball, softball, and girls soccer - games have been canceled for today (4/20/15) due to field conditions. MAKE-UP games will be played on 4/21/15.|
|RRMS parents may now notify the school of an absence or early dismissal for their student electronically. Please click on the "Attendance" link on the side menu bar and complete the appropriate form. The attendance office will be notified of the absence by email.|
Please select at least one of the three options listed below. Enjoy!
Option 1: Skyfall and All Its Perils (Answer at least three questions in this section)...
Listen to the song, Skyfall & read the lyrics. The lyrics are linked below and the song can be found under video/audio section of our SchoolFusion Page (Bottom right hand corner of the page).
LYRICS LINK: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/adele/skyfall.html
- What literary (literature) connections can you make to the opening line “let the skyfall?”
- How can “when it crumbles, we will stand tall, face it all together,” connect to our novel Seedfolks?
- How does “where worlds collide” connect with Seedfolks?
- What images come to your mind when you hear these lyrics? Why?
- What words stand out to you and why? What words do you not understand?
- What connections (if any) do you have to this song?
- What comments (opinions) do you have about this work? Remember all comments should be supported by facts or textual (text) support.
- What questions come to mind when you are listening? Why? Can you find the answer to your question in the text?
Listen to two other Bond Songs (Die Another Day by Madonna (2002) and Live and Let Die by Paul McCartney & Wings (1973)). Then listen to Skyfall by Adele (2012) again. What analogies (comparisons) can you draw between all three of these bond songs? What is the major theme (message) in each of these songs? All songs are linked in the Video/Audio section.
Option 3: Analyze Adele's Skyfall Video for Color/Image (Answer all questions that appear)
There are two questions below related to the video; however, as of 10/20, the video was not working due to a dispute between Sony Music and You Tube. The video may be up and running by the end of the week.
- What do you think is effective or not effective about this video? Why?
- The colors in this video are incredibly vivid and rich. What color patterns stand out to you? How are the colors that are chosen connected to the words that appear on the screen? (For color support check out this article at Smashing Magazine (a personal favorite): http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/01/28/color-theory-for-designers-part-1-the-meaning-of-color/
|Posted by Mrs. Russell at 10:18 AM|